Episode 119: Interview with Tara K. Ross
In today's episode of the Thriving Authors Podcast, I had a lovely conversation with Tara K. Ross whose novel Fade to White came out the same year as my debut novel. I've been a fan of hers since then!
It was fascinating to hear from Tara about how her novel came to be and her writing and publishing journey. If you are someone who has a book inside of you but you haven’t formally studied writing, I’m excited for you to see what is possible!
In our conversation, Tara shared:
- How entering a writing contest started her on the journey to publication.
- The unique way she found an agent and a publisher and how she recommends finding one now.
- A fun hobby she turns to when she’s feeling creatively drained.
- What her writing routine looks like as she balances all her responsibilities.
- Her approach to planning and the character work she does before she begins writing.
I think you’ll love her energy and hearing how she continues to grow as a writer!
Tara K. Ross lives with her husband, two daughters, and rescued fur-babies in the artisanal town of Eden Mills, Ontario. She works as a school speech-language pathologist and mentors new and emerging creatives. When Tara is not writing or reading, you can find her rock climbing the Ontario escarpment, interviewing authors for The Hope Prose Podcast, or blogging at www.tarakross.com. FADE TO WHITE is her debut novel.