Episode 102: How do I know if I'm ready to share my work with readers?
In this solo episode, I’m excited to talk about deciding when to share your book with others and what the overall editing process looks like.
Listen in to find out details like:
- The different stages of editing and which order to do them in.
- An analogy that my creative writing professor at USC shared that has stuck with me.
- The importance of hiring a qualified professional editor, and how to find the ideal editor for YOU.
- How to ensure you get the feedback that you really need to hear from others.
- And what to do when you get feedback that doesn’t resonate with you.
I am here with you in the trenches working on the edits to my books right now, too, and think that you’ll get a lot of value out of the insights I’m sharing.
If you could use support around the drafting process and the editing process, I would love to invite you to apply for this next round of Thriving Authors Academy. It's a magical six month small group container of support, encouragement, structure, gentle accountability and resources for you as you are drafting, editing, publishing and marketing your book.
I have had so many people who joined the program tell me that they knew it was going to be helpful but that they didn't anticipate how life changing this program was going to be. Others have said it not only changed their life as a writer, it changed their life as a human! So it really is such a magical group. And I would love to invite you to apply to join us for the next round that runs from April 8 to October 1, 2023 if this resonates with you. Learn more at ThrivingAuthorsAcademy.com