Episode 120: How to Overcome Overflowing Ideas Syndrome!
In this solo episode, I’m talking about what I call Overflowing Ideas Syndrome. It’s when you have so many ideas that it's really hard to commit to one idea and easy to get distracted.
This will be a great episode for you if you have a bunch of half-finished manuscripts, but you don't have a completed book!
I delve into:
- Why nothing is wrong with you and how you can reframe this into a strength.
- Tools that will help you focus your energy on one idea at a time.
- The importance of tuning in to the book YOU most want to write.
- What happens when you pay attention to what gives you energy and excites you.
- Journaling prompts that you can use whenever you need to find clarity about what direction to go in.
After listening, I think you’ll understand why it's really common to get distracted by shiny new ideas and to abandon projects halfway – and how joining a container of support with a writing community and working with a coach can help you stay accountable to finishing your book.
And if you are an entrepreneur who wants to write and publish the book inside your heart, I’d love for you to join me in my Facebook group called Women Entrepreneurs Becoming Best Selling Authors. This free community is the perfect place to share what came up for you with this episode and any goals you have so we can cheer you on – and also to provide a little extra accountability for you, too!