Episode 131: Interview with Margo Candela
In today's episode of the Thriving Authors Podcast, I’m delighted to be talking with author Margo Candela about her writing journey and The Neapolitan Sisters, her fifth novel and her first after a decade-long hiatus from writing.
Margo has some wonderful tips and advice to share, including:
- What she pulled from her training as a journalist that has really helped her in her writing life.
- Why she doesn’t think she’s realized her full potential yet.
- How thinking purely creatively felt like a huge indulgence for her.
- The deliberate choices she makes when structuring her stories.
- How she was able to set aside her own bias against one of her own characters and eventually grow compassion for her.
- And so many more nuggets of wisdom!
There are lessons here for all of us, no matter what type of writer you are or where you are in your writing journey. Enjoy the conversation!
And, did you hear? I’m launching my book 📖 Your Book Matters: 52 love notes from my creative heart to yours 😍 SOON and I want YOU to be a part of the launch team! If you're excited about getting behind-the-scenes sneak peeks of MY current marketing plan in action, I invite you to join me! As part of the launch team you get a FREE digital copy of the book (plus you get to read it in advance of publication), access to a special bonus call with me, and a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card to treat yourself to all fresh writing supplies & your favorite snacks! Join the team here: https://mailchi.mp/94cfc79377a0/your-book-matters-launch-team-sign-up
Margo Candela was born and raised in Los Angeles and began her writing career when she joined Glendale Community College’s student newspaper. She transferred to San Francisco State University as a journalism major, and upon graduation began writing for websites and magazines before writing her first two novels, Underneath It All and Life Over Easy. She returned to Los Angeles to raise her son and wrote More Than This and Good-bye to All That. The Neapolitan Sisters is her fifth novel and her first after a decade-long hiatus from writing. She now lives in San Francisco. Learn more at MargoCandela.com.