Episode 137: Tips for Your Author Photo Shoot
In this solo episode of the Thriving Authors Podcast, I’m sharing how to maximize your photo shoot experience so you come away with wonderful photos that you can use in your book and marketing materials.
Even if you're someone who doesn't like getting your picture taken, these tips will help you enjoy your photo shoot and see this as a special moment for yourself.
- What you can do to look more natural in front of the camera, even if, like me, you're not the most camera-friendly person.
- How to decide what to wear so that your personality shines through.
- Ways the location impacts the overall feeling your photo evokes.
- A simple tip that will bring freshness into your expressions, especially when the fatigue of smiling sets in.
- What I was thinking about as I was being photographed!
I hope you enjoy this behind-the-scenes glimpse and learn from some of my mistakes when it comes to the timing of your photo shoot!
And as I mentioned, my new book, YOUR BOOK MATTERS, comes out extremely soon. I’m so excited that it is available for pre-order now with some bonus gifts like a printable calendar with fun star stickers that you can use to give yourself credit for all of your writing days and keep track of your progress, bookmarks, affirmations and meditations that I've recorded and even a 1:1 call with me. Order your signed copies to get these bonus gifts while they’re available – and in time for holiday gifting. Go to bit.ly/preorderyourbookmatters for all the info.