Episode 98: Interview with Jennifer Milius
In today’s episode, I spoke with my lovely writer friend Jen Milius. Jen is a talented multi-genre author, developmental editor, podcast host, and all-around wonderful human and I was delighted to have her join me for a wonderful conversation about writing, editing, and really finding your voice.
She shared so many golden nuggets you can take into your own life, including:
- How she was able to bring together her different talents and backgrounds on her journey to becoming a published author.
- The importance of having containers to capture your ideas and creativity when it comes.
- Ways to find joy in the creative process, even amongst the bumps that happen.
- What the common denominator for writing in different genres is.
- The benefits of reading what you wrote out loud.
I think you’ll really enjoy the playfulness and curiosity that Jen brings to the writing process!
Jennifer Milius is an entrepreneur, developmental editor, coach and accomplished author having published seven children’s titles in the Einstein and Moo series, and most recently, co-authored You Know it’s a Verb, Right? which blends personal development, business, and leadership tenets. Jen leverages her 20-year corporate career, undergraduate Communications degree, and M.B.A. to help writers and aspiring authors get out of their own way and leave a legacy by telling their stories through writing their own books and confidently sharing them with others. As host of The TufFish Show, Jen features authors from different genres and businesses, but with one thing in common – they had a message or story they wanted to tell and courageously got out of their own way and made it happen. Check out her website at www.jennifermilius.com and find her on IG at @authorjennifermilius